This technique combines a hand position with calm breathing. It will help you to relax completely and can be very beneficial in calming your emotions. You may also enjoy practicing this mudra while meditating on the mantra of the heart “Aum Namo Bhagavate Vasudeva”
- Sit or lie down comfortably. Your body should be in a symmetrical position, so that if you are sitting, you have your knees level and your shoulders and head aligned with your pelvis.
- Rest your back on your thighs.
- Close your eyes and breathe slowly and deeply for 12 or more breaths until you feel relaxed and ready.
- Now place your first finger at the base of your thumb and touch the tip of the ring finger and your middle finger with your thumb, your little finger is relaxed.
- Stay focused on the sensations within your fingertips as you continue to breathe with your eyes closed.
- You may also feel your attention drawn to your heart. If not, it doesn’t matter.
- Keep breathing and concentrating for 5 minutes or more if you have time.
- Finally, she releases the mudra and stretches her arms and hands over her head and stretches to her toes.
- Bring a smile to your face and move on with your day.
Per Vrndavan Dasi
Founder and director of Veda Yoga Teacher Training
#Hridaya #Mudra #Australian #School #Meditation #Yoga
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.